Many people are unaware of the fact that there are many different kinds of exercises. There are exercises that are there for the sole purposes of burning fat and then there are exercises that help in getting lean muscle and help to tone the body. The different types of exercises are:
Strength training: For those who are looking to get their muscles toned, strength training is the answer. Strength training is basically when your muscles move against some kind of a resistance. This causes the contraction of muscle that then makes your strong and makes your muscles well defined..
Resistance training: Resistance training is a great way to build endurance and strength. Unlike cardio that focuses mainly on burning fat, resistance training is inclined towards building more muscle mass. This is done by creating small tears in the muscle while working out. After the muscle tears, a new muscle fibre is grown over the torn muscle fibre and in turn the muscle becomes stronger. This sort of exercise is done only after consulting a doctor. There are two types of resistance training:
- Free weights: Dumbbells and hand weights are used to work a group of muscles. These weights sometimes require more strength as compared to other machines that use weights so it is important to make sure that you choose a weight that you are comfortable with. Then you can increase the weight as you get more comfortable with free weights.
- Weight machines: Weight machines are used to work on a single muscle or a group of muscles. This kind of a training should always be done while there is a fitness trainer around you. It is important to make sure that there is a fitness trainer around you just in case your arms and legs get stuck in the weight machine.
Cardio Exercise: Cardio or cardiovascular exercise is most commonly done by people as it can be done without any equipment. It is basically any sort of exercise that gets your heart rate up. Cardio also includes endurance exercises like aerobics. Endurance exercises are basically the ones that a person cans perform without getting tired in the middle. These exercises help you lose fat and are also really good for people who are who are suffering from high blood pressure, other heart diseases and diabetes. It is advised that people do at least 30 minutes of cardio exercise every day. Cardio exercises include:
- Running on a track or a treadmill
- Using the elliptical
- Riding a bike
There is no doubt that exercises are very important if you want a healthy lifestyle and stay fit. Exercising along with following a healthy diet regime is the most perfect way to lose body fat. Once you have decided the kind of exercise you would wish to go for, you should start making dietary changes too. Some basic dietary changes are as follows:
- Drink a lot of water to flush out the toxins and fat. Having at least 8 glasses of water is very essential for those who want a healthy lifestyle.
- Decrease refined sugar from your diet. You should limit the number of candies and chocolates that you have daily. It is hard to do so but be sure to treat yourself with them once you have achieved your fitness goal!